HER(R)BERGSKIRCHEN THURINGIAN FOREST
ABOUT THE PROJECT
- The HER(R)BERGSKIRCHE idea wins the "STADTLAND:Kirche 2017" competition, awarded by the Protestant Church in Central Germany (EKM) and the International Building Exhibition (IBA) Thuringia
- The parish of Neustadt am Rennsteig initiates a 10-day workshop in the Michaeliskirche in cooperation with architects from Berlin, Leipzig and Vienna. An initial concept for overnight accommodation for guests as well as a new event program have been developed.
- Structural expansion of the overnight accommodation in the HER(R)BERGSKIRCHE Neustadt am Rennsteig and numerous events in the church take place
- The Her(R)berg Church in Neustadt am Rennsteig becomes an official project of the IBA Thuringia Information and workshop formats are developed at other locations in the Thuringian Forest (including Gehlberg and Spechtsbrunn)
- Presentation of the project as part of the interim exhibition of the IBA Thuringia in the Eiermannbau in Apolda takes place.
- A presentation of the project at the 29th Protestant Church Construction Day in Erfurt takes place.
- A workshop of Ideas takes place in the Lutherkirche in Tambach-Dietharz, initiated by the parish and the city of Tambach-Dietharz as well as architects from Berlin and Weimar. An Artist residency hosts Leipzig photographer Isaak Broder in the Her(R)berg church of Tambach-Dietharz
- A Recognition Award within the framework of the EKM program "Golden Church Tower" is given to the parish of Neustadt am Rennsteig
- The church congregation of Neustadt am Rennsteig receives an award for honorary and democratic commitment as part of the program "Machen! 2020"
- The project family "HER(R)BERGSKIRCHEN Thüringer Wald" becomes an official project of the IBA Thuringia.
- Structural expansion of the HER(R)BERGSKIRCHE Neustadt am Rennsteig to include accessible sanitary facilities, a multifunctional kitchenette and lockers in the church interior, as well as the redesign of the outdoor facilities as part of a LEADER funding.
- Creation and publication of a web platform for the international visualisation of the HER(R)BERGSKIRCHEN Thüringer Wald and selected movers and shakers of regional tourism, funded by the Tourism Program of the Free State of Thuringia.
- A series of events at the HER(R)BERGSKIRCHEN Thüringer Wald in Neustadt am Rennsteig, Spechtsbrunn, Tambach-Dietharz and Steinheid during the summer.
- Ein neuer Typus Kirche, 2021
- Artikel, IBA Magazin #7, 2021
- LandInForm Spezial 9 LEADER: Kirche macht mit, 2021
- Machen!2020: Gemeinsam anpacken, 2020
- Thüringen Baukultur Tourismus, 2019
- Interview, IBA Magazin #5, 2019
- Video, StadtLand Akteure über die HER(R)BERGSKIRCHEN, 2019
- Make City-Stadt anders machen, 2019
- Video, MDR Thüringen Journal, 2018
- 500 Kirchen, 500 Ideen. Neue Nutzung für sakrale Räume, 2017
CALL FOR ARTISTS: TEMPORARY LIVING AND WORKING IN THE CHURCH TOWER ROOM
A guest residency is to be awarded in the HER(R)BERGSKIRCHE Tambach-Dietharz to promote artistic projects. The works created in this context should establish a specific relationship to the town of Tambach-Dietharz and its ecclesiastical, social and/or landscape-ecological environment. The guest residency is aimed at artists and individuals who promote social, societal, historical and/or ecological themes through interdisciplinary and explorative methods.
For a freely selectable period of max. 14 days, the furnished tower room in the local Luther Church is available in the months of September and October. In addition, the multifunctional church hall including new furniture can be used for temporary living and working. Cooking facilities are located directly in the church, sanitary facilities in the neighbouring ‘Haus des Gastes’.
The development of an exhibition contribution is desired as part of the stay. This is to be made accessible to the public in 2022 as part of an exhibition on site. The guest residency is supported by the municipality of Tambach-Dietharz and the local church community with a one-off expense allowance of EUR 900.
Submission of application documents via e-mail (max. 5 MB or download link) latest by July 15, 2021 to: email@example.com
- Letter of motivation with details of possible work and individual interest in the town of Tambach-Dietharz and its surroundings as well as details of the desired period of stay, A4, max. 1 page.
- Curriculum vitae, A4, max. 3 pages
- Portfolio, max. 5 works, no original material
The »HER(R)BERGSKIRCHEN in the Thüringian Forest« projects are always looking for new ideas and collaborations throughout the region. Examples include parishes that might be interested in developing new uses for their church rooms, regional participants in the tourism industry of the Thuringian Forest, or associations and initiatives that want to contribute creatively and support the work of the HER(R)BERGSKIRCHEN in the region. The team of the HER(R)BERGSKIRCHEN looks forward to receiving your ideas and suggestions. We can be reached here:
An overnight stay at the HER(R)BERGSKIRCHEN is a unique experience that calls for some special preparations. We invite you to explore the answers to some frequently asked questions from previous guests here.
Her(r)bergskirchen Thüringer Wald
c/o Kirchengemeinde Neustadt-Altenfeld
OT Neustadt am Rennsteig
REGIONAL COOPERATION PARTNERS
PARTNERS PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
Jens Babiuch (Bauschlosserei Neustadt/Rennsteig), Horst Brettel, Emilia Bruck, Iman Charara, Hannelore Eichhorn, Daniel Felgendreher, Peter Grimm (Bürgermeister Stadt Großbreitenbach), Wolfgang Hadersbeck, Holger Jacob, Paul Klever, Steffen Klotz, Andreas Koob, Undine Lauterbach, Dorothea Leicht, Dr. Herma Lindenlaub, Clemens Linnenschmidt, Walter Lutz (Tischler Neustadt/Rennsteig), Dirk Macheleidt (Bürgermeister Neustadt/Rennsteig), Alexander Mayrhofer, Daniela Mehlich, Anne-Laure Mellier, Felix Minkus, Noriko Minkus, Denise Müller-Blech, Heike Neugebauer, Nina Pawlicki, Pfarrer Sebastian Pötzschke, Pfarrer Lars Christian Reinhardt, Clara Rellensmann, Ulrike Rothe, Felix Scharbert, Dagmar Schlegel, Anke Schmidt, Günther Schmidt, Jens Schmidt, Manuela Schmidt, Karin Schneider, Kathrin Schömer, Chris Schönefeld, Marco Schütz (Bürgermeister Stadt Tambach-Dietharz), Anke Stirtzel, Christel Traut, Robert Witter, Undine Wuchold, Christin Zander, René Zieger, Rainer Zobel